When the body is working in the industry, we are very much aware of the referral, what it is and especially how it relates to the job. My understanding of leverage best illustrated by the following cases:
first therapist provides the client a headache, the symptoms of the "bug", acne, anger, fatigue, problems, et al emotional scenarios for the good or bad pregnancy . The customer leaves happy, refreshed and ready for life, but the therapist suddenly, or begins showing symptoms later was not before.
2. Customer nervous and can not relax. Suddenly a usually confident therapist starts to upset and restless during the session (or the reverse scenario).
3. During the massage, the client or the therapist feels very powerful parasympathetic / reverse parasympathetic stimulation and begins to believe more is happening during the session than it is. (Or, you can imagine that the "love" to "hit" harassed, touched inappropriately, etc).
4. Therapist and client knowingly or unknowingly disagree on the purpose of massage. (Customers tell whether a therapist is committed to and believes in therapy, or is it just a job, and the therapist can not wait to finish and go do other things.)
5. Client, or therapist, spends the session discussing personal matters / gossip, and if you get divorced, one or the other or both are still in the negative emotional place of the discussion.
6. Client or therapist decides when they meet that you do not like one, the other or one another.
7. Customer preconceived idea of the skill set / caliber of the therapist and begins to condescend or intimidate him / her; Maybe you say something negative in the facility, etc.
8. Client's history of molestation and / or rape trauma and related matters, etc., and misconstrues during "normal and professional" handling the session "harassment".
9. Customer nervous during treatment (maybe the therapist forgot a "request to stop") and even speaks angrily to the therapist, breathing angrily, or other suspicious or defensive reaction, verbal or non-verbal.
10. The session "so that the client places a" struggle and refused to go, and this has caused an emotional release (laughing, crying, embarrassment, etc.) or physical appearance. (Unfair responsibility / blame, etc., sometimes labeled in both directions.)
Any of the above illustrations will affect the business, transport and / or receive services, the results of treatment, as well as whether the customer return follow-up care and / or that the therapist living in his / her right of refusal of such care. A certain "energy" change in that environment will happen and set the tone, just like when someone scorned, confident, strong, likes, etc. or highly enters a room full of people. This person will usually feel a "presence" in the crowd, and whatever the dominant energy.
So how does one guard / shield all power to transfer? Protection will have a lot to do with belief systems and / or their own personal beliefs, and education. If you think a wire between the universal energy and the client, you will know to be effective for the task is to be centered, grounded and committed to providing the best, cleanest, clearest channel that purpose. This is done mainly in the respiration, so the flow of energy through you limited attachment.
First, the therapist must be very confident and knowledgeable about your skill-set, and in particular their purpose and meaning in the business. Second, the therapist must understand their purpose is to treat every customer and keep "referring" to this mentally throughout the treatment. Why touching this person and what result you want to have? For me, this massage "feel-good"? It is equally important that they are breathing this purpose. If the therapist is not breathing normally, so the administration of self-reliance, he / she will interpret and react or respond to any "improper or inconvenient discovery". The reverse is also true for the client. All people need to focus on breathing and objective in this little room together regardless of the undertones. The deeper the breath, to get more oxygen to your heart will pump faster and the exit of the flow of energy to the universe; , the calmer you & # 39; ll stay grounded, collected and focused on the purpose at hand. When client and therapist work as a team with a common goal or objective, there will be a lot of room for healthy benefits and enjoyment of massage therapy and less chance of unintended transfer.
The hand can transfer energy, good or bad, therapists between the client and the client, and vice versa. It is imperative that both parties, but especially the therapist, take care of "me" before, during and after the session that only a limited binding unwanted "energy," or disease. Wash your hands immediately after touching the seat in front of all the other people, including himself. As soon as possible at the end of a day of giving / receiving therapy, a small cardio exercise, meditation, etc., and bathe in the strongest terms. Depending on prejudices, as mentioned, the therapist wants to wash their clothes in preparation for the next day. Never go to bed unwashed after one therapy, and if a client who felt some disease or unwanted energy has been transferred during the session that another shower / tub. They are very effective in cleansing and soothing "spirit" as well as the body.